There is homework set from Monday to Thursday for all classes. 1st to 6th Class children are supplied with a homework journal, which should be signed each evening by a parent/guardian. If there is no homework for some exceptional reason, this will be stated. These journals are intended as an ongoing link between school and home.
General Rules and Procedures
- If you need to speak to a teacher you must make an appointment through the office. Please do not speak to teachers about important matters before school. If you need to let the teacher know something please write a note.
- Parents/ Adults/ Visitors are not allowed to go to the classrooms at any time without an appointment. Please enter the school by the front door and report to the office.
- There are coded locks on all the doors. This is in the interests of safety of all the children. Please respect this by ringing the bell on the front door to gain access.
- The school opens at 9am. Please do not leave your children unsupervised before this time. Running and ball games are not allowed in the yard before school.
- Please collect your children promptly after school and leave the yard. There are P.E. classes after 1.40pm and after school activities taking place in the yard.
- We are delighted to see so many children coming to school on bikes and scooters. Please get off the bikes and scooters at the gate. Children are not allowed to cycle or scoot through the yard at any time.
- As we are a Green School we do our best to use as little paper as possible. We ask that, at Christmas, children write one card to the class rather than giving one to each child.
- We do not allow party invitations and thank you cards to be given out in school.
- Chewing gum is not allowed on the premises.
- A note regarding the school uniform is sent home each year with your child’s report. We expect the children to wear the correct uniform everyday (including the correct colour footwear and socks). Tracksuits and runners are only to be worn on P.E. days.
- We have a healthy lunch policy in St.Andrew’s. Only one small treat is allowed each day. Cereal bars are regarded as treats. Water and fruit juice are the only drinks allowed. Crisps, sweets, popcorn are not allowed.
- If your child needs to bring a mobile phone to school, it must be kept in their school bag. It must be switched off at all times. Mobile phones must not be taken out of school bags until outside the school gate.
- Children are not allowed to climb or sit on the gates, pillars and railings at the front of the school.
- For health and safety reasons dogs are not allowed in the yard even if they are being carried.