The aims of the Students' Council are:
To help students learn about decision-making, how to hold meetings, learn communication skills, take Minutes, write an Agenda.
- To help students learn about democracy and the election process.
- To improve student/staff relationships
- To promote responsibility and create a sense of pride in our school.
- To give students a voice to discuss issues relevant to school and encourage and promote initiatives from the pupils
- To enable an elected body to act as a channel of communication within the school organisation, between pupils and between home and school
The role of the Student Council is to:
- Liaise with their classmates ‐ get feedback about the school to bring back to staff
- Meet with the Principal to discuss matters that are important to the children.
- Report decisions of meetings back to each class.
- Meet and greet visitors to the school
- Welcome new Junior Infants/ pupils
- Organise activities and events for the school e.g. fundraisers for the school, helping out with cake sales.
- Help organise school sports teams and events.